Volunteers are what make Biggar Little Festival happen. We would like to say thank you to all our volunteers who help us with all sorts of jobs including:
• proofreading and distributing flyers and programmes
• selling tickets in the box office at the Gillepsie Centre (lots of coffee and cake on hand!)
• helping out at the opening reception
• assisting at festival events by taking tickets, working at the bar or on front of house duties
• acting as stewards on the High Street for Biggar Big Day Out – hard work if the October gales are blowing, but very worthwhile!
How do you fancy being a street steward on the Big Day Out or taking a few shifts at our box office and information centre? The entire Festival committee is made up of volunteers too and we are always on the look out for new committee members. Could you be the one who organises the Big Day Out in 2015? Or helps with fundraising or updating the business plan?
• The Festival faces many challenges over the coming years but it is an exciting time too. Biggar Little Festival 2015 will be our thirteenth festival and we want to make it the best yet.
If you would like to get involved and you have some time and talent for anything from the straightforward to the more involved, then please contact us. We will get back in touch to chat about how you can help. However you get involved it is bound to be fulfilling and bring new experiences, working with enthusiastic folk whose primary interest is enjoying the local arts scene around Biggar.
During the 2015 Festival the Committee commissioned an appraisal from the independent consultancy company EKOS to gauge the success of the festival and lessons to be learned. The resulting report is available here. The Committee is now considering how to take forward the issues raised.
The Annual General Meeting of Biggar Little Festival will take place on Monday 12th June at the Elphinstone Hotel, 136 High Street, Biggar at 7.30pm. All welcome.