It is our pleasure to announce our plans for Biggar Little Festival 2016.
Our 2016 festival will be held from the 20th - 30th October
We are already well under way producing our programme of events. In addition to our main concerts, there will be numerous art exhibitions, many other individual artists, authors and workshops, the Festival Club and our family oriented Biggar Day Out. We also anticipate being joined by Fred MacAuley for a night of comedy.
The continuation of the festival is very much dependent on sponsorship of local companies and individuals. It is through this support that Biggar Little Festival continues to promote Biggar and the South Lanarkshire area. It is also an ideal way of promoting your own business to thousands of visitors or simply giving something back to the community.
An independent Economic Impact Assessment of the 2015 Festival undertaken by EKOS showed for every £1 of sponsorship money we received £4.34 came back. That means that those of you who gave us £250 raised £1085 for the local economy.
A full copy of the EKOS report can be downloaded here.
The report is well worth looking at. Among its key findings are that:
• respondents rated the various aspects of the Festival highly, with very good/good ratings of 99% or 100%
• less than one in five visitors had any improvement suggestions. The more significant of these were that the Festival should be better promoted and advertised (4%), have better signage and hold more events, particularly for children and teenagers.
• local businesses rated the Festival as either very good or good, noted its importance for Biggar's cultural/arts community, (90%) reported that it had a positive impact on their sales and identified the additional footfall and trade it brought them.
• audience members rated all aspects of the Festival highly, with very/good ratings of 99% or 100% for both the range and quality of shows/activities on offer and their enjoyment of them.
• A small number suggested minor improvements.
• all of the performers surveyed would like to perform at next year's Festival.
• each pound of sponsorship money generated net additional output of £4.34 in the South Lanarkshire economy.
Last year nearly 25% of tickets (by value) sold through the BLF on-line and local box offices were bought by people living outwith the ML12 postal code area. That money helps to keep local cultural activities going throughout the year. It also means that people are coming into town and spending money in local shops and premises. This isn't just about having a great time over a 10 day arts festival. It is also about bringing visitors into the town and adding value to your business.
We are therefore asking if you would be interested in supporting this year's festival by way of sponsorship. In return we undertake to ensure your generosity is rewarded by as much publicity as possible. Details of the sponsorship packages on offer can be downloaded here., together with a sponsorship form. We are very largely reliant on business sponsorship to ensure the festival continues so your help would be most welcome. Further information on the festival can be obtained from our constitution and business plan which can be downloaded here.
Our funding team would be delighted to discuss with you the benefits we believe we can offer to any company who would consider being the major sponsor of the festival or is interested in sponsoring one of our events.
If you would like to chat to one our our funding team, please contact :
Alec Taylor 01899 308249
Jim Softley 01899 220813
Thank you for considering giving us your support.
The Biggar Little Festival Committee
Download a full copy of the EKOS report here.
Download details of the sponsorship packages on offer here.
Download a sponsorship form here.
Download the constitution here.
Download the business plan here.
It's time to start planning your 2017 event. Registrations are now invited for BLF 2017. To obtain a registration form or to discuss your proposed event please contact Lesley at email@example.com or phone 01899 220980.
During the 2015 Festival the Committee commissioned an appraisal from the independent consultancy company EKOS to gauge the success of the festival and lessons to be learned. The resulting report is available here. The Committee is now considering how to take forward the issues raised.
Registrations are now invited for the Artists Open Studio Trail 2017 which will take place on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October. If you are a local artist and would like more information and a registration form please contact the festival administrator, Lesley Armstrong.